I’m going to my first festival this year!
Well, I went to Handmade Festival in Leicester in April, which was wonderful, but this will be my first time camping. Which fills me with equal amounts of excitement and complete panic.
I saw an ad on Facebook for 110 Above Festival a few months ago. With a great little line up and a full weekend ticket for just £80, how could I say no?
Because it’s my first camping festival and I like to be organised, I’ve made (I’d like to say little, but) quite a big list of what I think I’m going to need.
- Airbed and pillow – gotta be comfy
- Air bed pump – otherwise I would not be so comfy!
- Sleeping bag
- Torch – even though I ate my carrots, my night vision isn’t perfect
- Water container
For my feet, I’m taking my good old pair of green Dr. Martens boots because they never let me down.
- Jacket / Jumper
- Raincoat – because you can’t trust the British weather
An extra t-shirt will be in my backpack, just in case. Being as clumsy as I am, it’s likely I’ll spill a fruity cider or ketchup down me on the first day.
Cosmetics and things:
- Hair brush
- Sun cream – being ginger, factor 50 of course
- Cotton buds / pads
- Baby wipes
- Dry shampoo
Currently, the food section of my checklist only includes the alcohol I’m going to take… But I think things like crisps, nuts, biscuits and rice cakes are a good bet.
Other little things.
- Glasses + contact lenses – I need to be able to see
- Hair clips
- Carrier bag – to use a little bin bag for any rubbish in the tent
- Compact mirror
- Portable charger
110 is 4th – 7th August. Keep an eye out for posts covering my time at the festival! And maybe even an update on how successful my pre festival checklist actually was…